Help! Handling large amounts of text in forms5

From: <beansboy_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 18:30:47 GMT

Here's the scenerio: I'm creating forms for people to enter large amounts of text - there are some articles that are > 70Kb and perhaps much larger. The forms will be run over the web using the appletviewer. The text is stored in a table on the server, broken up into 250-byte chunks (and I need to use it this way). The problem that I'm having is that it seems impossible to programatically access any characters in a text field past the 32767th character (there are routines in the form which need to read through the text & do things). Since this is a web-based form, I can't use an OCX/OLE2 embedded objects.

  Does anyone have a way (client- or server-based) that would allow me to access characters past 32767 in the text field? If it makes any difference, server version is 7.3.3.0.

(This seems like a ridiculous limitation. Forms apparently has native methods to access large *sound* files, but not large *text*).

Thanks!
-jay stanley