Re: Hierarches

From: James Lorenzen <lorenzen_at_yuck.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 09:42:40 -0500

In Joe Selko's "SQL for Smarties", chapter 26 covers this. The method of using nested sets to represent the hierarchy works well and is fairly quick. I have used it in a couple of projects to manage a reporting hierarchy. It does take a small PL*SQL module to manage the hierarchy. This is a recursive module that updates the columns that is used to manage the nested sets.

HTH
   James

--
lorenzen_at_yuck.net             | Life is complex; it has