Help TOAD with net2.x vs net8

From: zak tsamoulos <zak_at_y-net.gr>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 12:12:18 +0200

[Quoted] I installed Des 2k ver 2.1 on a client. By default Oracle Net 8 client and SQL net client 2 have been installed too. I then update the tnsnames.ora files (manualy or via the config programs) found under

drive:\oracle_home\network\admin and
drive:\oracle_home\net80\admin
respectively.

Toad for some reason does not use the
\oracle_home\network\admin\tnsnames.ora with the aliases that i declared. I
can connect to a server with oracle 7 with sql plus 3.3 and to a server with [Quoted] oracle 8 with sql plus 8 but not with Toad. When i update the
\oracle_home\net80\admin\tnsnames.ora with the aliases Toad connects to both
[Quoted] servers but does not function properly with the oracle 7 database alias.

Could somebody please propose what is going wrong. Thanks in advance,
zak tsamoulos. Received on Fri Oct 16 1998 - 12:12:18 CEST

Original text of this message