Re: how to access to 2 databases from form 4.5

From: DanHW <danhw_at_aol.com>
Date: 16 Oct 1998 03:36:19 GMT

>Hi all,
>
>I am working on an application (using form 4.5) that requires accessing
>data from 2 Oracle databases A and B. The database A is where the
>application mainly work on. The database B stores a large data of
>addresses in a city for reference.
>
>In my app, when the user enter an address, this address will be verify
>by accessing to ref table in database B.
>
>My question is :
>- What do I have to do to set this thing up (on the Database side or
>application side???).
>
>Thanks for all your help.

Since you can only connect to one database in a session, what you will have to do is create a database link to the schema on the other side, and use that. You may have to create a synonym, depending on where you are using the table in the form.

Dan Hekimian-Williams Received on Fri Oct 16 1998 - 05:36:19 CEST

Original text of this message