Re: PLEASE HELP!!! Error ORA-12154

From: Haakon T Soenderland <haakonts_at_online.no>
Date: 1998/10/14

Pedro Silva wrote:

> I've tried to install Oracle 7 (7.2 I think) and I create a database,
> but when I try to access it I receive a ERROR: ORA-12154 General Connection
> Error. Can't connect database or unavaiable.
>
> I have all the TCP/IP installed AND working, and I also use the correct
> hostname when creating database in installation.

You need to set up SQL*Net on both client and server to know about your new database. On the client it is the file tnsnames.ora in <ORACLE_HOME>\network\admin and on the server it is the file listner.ora in <ORACLE_HOME>\network\admin. See you SQL*Net documentation for details.

Haakon

--
Core Technology AS
Oslo, Norway