Re: IMPORT error: ORA-1630

From: Jeremiah Wilton <jeremiah_at_wolfenet.com>
Date: 1998/10/14

On Wed, 14 Oct 1998, Adiel Kader wrote:

> The best thing to do will be to create a temporary TEMP tablespace and set
> that tablespace as the TEMP tablespace of the user doing the Import. Iam
> assuming that the user is system. It will go like this:

Mr. Yan is hitting an "ORA-1630: Max # (505) extents reached." So he is not running out of space, but rather extents for his sort segment, and thus should not necessarily need another TEMP tablespace. It seems like the solution would be to alter the existing TEMP tablespace so that the default storage parameters specify greater INITIAL and NEXT extent sizes. That way, at least you will use all the TEMP space available to you before having to add physical space to the TEMP tablespace or, as Mr. Kader suggested, create a dedicated TEMP tablespace just for this purpose.

This is all just for the purposes of applying the indexes to the tables after they have been imported. If you decide to skip indexes and apply them manually, you won't get into disk sorting during import anway.

--
Jeremiah Wilton      http://www.wolfenet.com/~jeremiah