Re: A Btrieve to Oracle question

From: Dorai <dorait_at_email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 20:34:38 -0700

Kari,
There are a few techniques you can use on Windows platform - Use a tool like Microsoft Access to access your Btrieve file and upload it to Oracle tables
- Access Btrieve through ODBC drivers ( Microsoft has one, Pervasive may have one ) and write programs to move data using any ODBC clients ( like C++, VB or C) to migrate data to Oracle
- Dump the Btrieve data into an ascii sequential file and load it into Oracle

You may also want to check out reporting tools that work directly with Btrieve files like Crystal Reports.

Regards
Dorai