Re: Gettingg IP address

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1998/10/13

A copy of this was sent to "Tilen Skraba" <tilen.skraba_at_igea.si> (if that email address didn't require changing) On Tue, 13 Oct 1998 12:46:57 GMT, you wrote:

>Hi all.
>
>I have urgent question.
>
>Is there ANY way to get users IP address in this situation:
>
>Intranet application, users connecting over OWAS 3.0.1 to Oracle 7.3.4
>database.
>

>Thank you, Tilen

simply use:

    the_ip_address := owa_util.get_cgi_env( 'REMOTE_ADDR' );

As long as they are not using a proxy server that is, if using a proxy server, you will get the proxy server IP address not the ultimate client address.

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government
Herndon VA

--
http://govt.us.oracle.com/    -- downloadable utilities

Anti-Anti Spam Msg: if you want an answer emailed to you,
you have to make it easy to get email to you.  Any bounced
email will be treated the same way i treat SPAM-- I delete it.