Re: How to determine buffer value for import?

From: <satar_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: 1998/10/13

"Use a large number to speed up the process. Oracle will acquire as much as you specify and will not return an error if it can't find that amount." "10MB is a good place to start"

I stole info from "Tuning Oracle" by Oracle Press ISBN 0-07-881181-3

badstreetboy, I suggest that you purchase this book, based on the numerous tuning questions that you ask. ;)

Satar

In article <6vu5i8$m8o$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>,   badstreetboy_at_my-dejanews.com wrote:
> I want to import a dump file which has 5 columns and 1000k rows. How do I
> determine the buffer value for import so that I can make import the fastest?
>
> Thanks.

Oracle DBA/UNIX System Admin
Advanced Enterprise Solutions
(949) 756-0588