Re: What Oracle knowledge required for ERP implementation?

From: John P. Higgins <jh33378_at_deere.com>
Date: 1998/10/13

A SAP BASIS consultant can be totally ignorant of Oracle.

I have met many that actually have negative Oracle knowledge! (Loudly proclaining un-truths)

On the other hand, the DBA will find himself pushed to new limits by SAP. ps. SAP uses several RDBMS's interchangeably. We recently tested a migration from HP-Oracle to OS390-DB2. Not a line of SAP application code changed. Nor could the users tell any difference. We DBA's sure knew the difference!