Re: Working with Crystal report 6.0

From: Steve Cooney <pacwin_at_ihug.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 20:51:05 +1300

From the current Seagate VCL for Crystal Reports help

"Can I run a Report based on a TTable or TQuery? This is possible, although not with our current VCL. It involves creating a Report using the Active Data driver. Then the TTable or TQuery must be joined to the Report in Delphi using the PESetNthTablePrivateInfo call. We haven't experimented with this yet, and so cannot tell you how to do it, but there is a VCL for Crystal Reports available from a Third-party developer (SupraSoft) which has this functionality. This VCL is available at: http://www.suprasoft.com. Check with them for the current price."

Get the latest vcl from ftp.img.seagatesoftware.com/pub/delphi updated July/August.

Damir Kriskovic wrote in message <6vsl30$9d6_at_as041.tel.hr>...
>Hi,
>
>I am working with Delphi on Oracle, and try to make same reports. I don't
>like that my reports are in project exe, so I decide to use Crystal
reports.
>Now, can I make query in Delphi and send only that set of data to my
Crystal
>report? The idea is that Crystal reports does not open tables with many
>records and make query of them, then work with small set of data witch are
>prepare in Delphi.

>Another question, how can I create report if I don't use specified tables
in
>Crystal report designer?

Use aliases in the report designer, esp if you use formulas , and use the VCL properties to alter the location of the database table Received on Tue Oct 13 1998 - 09:51:05 CEST

Original text of this message