Oracle Export Utility

From: James Myddelton <vq35_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 21:45:18 +0100

Help!!

[Quoted] [Quoted] Does anyone know how I can work out what format an Oracle export file is held in. I need to extract data from a table or table(s) very quickly (ie. by by-passing the SQL layer). I can read the character data ok but the numeric/date data is meaningless. The utlities manual just says that only the import utility can read the export file format.

Failing that does anyone know of any utilities for exporting a whole table which would also allow me to specify which fields I want. This isn't for backup purposes - i just need to get the data out as quickly as possible for import into another application (on a regular - i.e. daily - basis!!)

SQL is far too slow - so is pro*c

James Received on Mon Oct 12 1998 - 22:45:18 CEST

Original text of this message