Re: recommendations on pl/sql debugger tools

From: Rod Stewart <rod.stewart_at_afp.gov.au>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 08:19:42 +1000

There was a question similar to this one posted a few weeks ago. I was interested in the answer as I always keep an eye out for these sort of tools myself. One person answered that the best product they had used was called T.O.A.D, and that you could get it from:

http://www.toadsoft.com

I have tried the first three of the offerings you mentioned, and they are all good products. However, for what I do and on value for money principles I couldn't go past T.O.A.D. I told my colleagues about it, now everyone I know uses it, the programmers love it. Our database development team is fairly small, so it is relatively easy to control our source code etc. The 'bigger' tools may be better in a 'bigger' environment, but check out T.O.A.D anyway, if nothing else the price of the product makes it worth it!

Hope this helps,

Rod Stewart