interpreter function in d2k?

From: Paul Close <CLOSEP1_at_westat.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 1998 15:36:52 -0400

Hi.

I am working on a FORMS 5.0 application that stores some rules in meta-data tables and then reads them in at runtime. Ideally, I'd resolve these rules on the client side without going to the database. Is there some function in Forms v5.0 that can execute PL/SQL code that exists as a string variable?

For example, suppose a meta-data table had a column for 'ruletest', where we stored the string: ':aQuestion = 1'

Is there any nice way in Forms v5.0 to have this statement evaluated for 'truthfulness'? Some languages have an evaluate() command that adds that extra level of indirection I am looking for.

Thanks in advance for any assistance any one can provide.

  • Paul Close