Re: Des2k 2.1.1

From: <colerick_at_borg.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 1998 17:56:23 GMT

[Quoted] On Fri, 09 Oct 1998 13:32:56 +0300, "Valery A. Sorokin" <vsorokin_at_dd.ru> wrote:

>Igor Kuzmin wrote:
>>
>> Basically it is better then previous versions but it has some bugs like:
>> You can't create sinonim with the name already used for the tablename.
>
>The same problem we have in Des2k 2.1
>
>In 2.1.1 release we can't generate tables with upgraded repository :(
>With new repository we did'nt test it yet.
>

>> Valery A. Sorokin <vsorokin_at_dd.ru> wrote in article
>> <361A3F11.2634B4D2_at_dd.ru>...
>> > Does anybody use a new release of Designer (2.1.1)?
>> > Does anybody know about any problems with it?

I just installed 2.1.1 and upgraded the repository from 2.1 on NT. I can generate tables with no problem. Haven't upgraded my real 1.3.2 repository on Solaris........ yet. : )

[Quoted] Question for you: I'm building a very simple web application using the web generator. I have one main table and one lookup table joined with a foreign key. When I generate the main tables web page, I specify that the column that has the foreign key to the lookup table be displayed as a poplist so that that selection is dynamic based on what is in the primary key column of the lookup table. It doesn't work. I never get the poplist, just a plain text input box. I could do this easily in version 1.3.2. If I assign allowable values to the column in the main table, then I get the poplist but that is only static.

Regards,
Ken Colerick
colerick_at_borg.com Received on Fri Oct 09 1998 - 19:56:23 CEST

Original text of this message