Re: Problem with WHEN-LIST-CHANGED trigger behavior

From: <aupadhyay_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 1998 14:32:07 GMT

In article <361B34AC.689464A1_at_iil.intel.com>,   Maoz Mussel <mmussel_at_iil.intel.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using Forms 4.5 (rel. 1.3.2), and have the following problem
> with WHEN-LIST-CHANGED trigger:
> When I re-select the same value on a list, this trigger isn't raise.
> I guess this is its normal behavior (act just as the trigger name -
> only on change ...), but I'm looking for a way to handle it.
> With more details, I would like to open a different window each
> time the user select specific value from the list, even if this value
> has been previously selected.
> Does anybody have reasonable work around for this solution ?
>
> TIA,
> Maoz

By default WLC fires when the list value you selected is different from the previously selected value. However if opening up another window requires any key-hit or mouse move you can write when-validate-item or post-text-item to handle when list-not-changed but reselected.

If not try using mouse triggers like when-mouse-click or double click..you can also think of creating timer for a mills or so and have a WTE trigger. I have done that before but don't remember the steps exactly.