Pro*C help required.

From: Jonathan Whitehead <j.m.whitehead_at_sheffield.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 1998 13:57:06 +0100

Hi,

I've been playing with Pro*C in a solaris environment and have written a couple of test programs. The problem is I've hit a wall due to my sketchy knowledge of C and was wondering if some Kind Pro*C guru could provide me with some source to do the following:

i. Better login handling at the start of the program, currently i have to run a program as
 program name userid/password but I'd like to have the program either accept the full userid/password at the prompt or just the user id and prompt for the password or if neither are provided to ask for the userid and password.

I kind of figure that this must be a fairly common requirement so if anybody has some source which achieves this I would be most grateful.

Cheers,

Jon. Received on Fri Oct 09 1998 - 14:57:06 CEST

Original text of this message