Info needed deploying Developer 2.0 apps to web

From: Agnidude <agnidude_at_aol.com>
Date: 9 Oct 1998 11:35:52 GMT

[Quoted] Hi All

I have been entrusted with the task of moving a client-server app to the web [Quoted] and still maintaining a common codebase between the two types of arch. I have [Quoted] been looking at Oracle tools as a possible solution. I would greatly appreciate [Quoted] if any of you out there with similar experience answer a few questions given below:

    [Quoted]
  1. I have a traditional client-server setup which accepts data does some validation and saves the data as a record in a Oracle database. Does developer [Quoted] 2.0 allow for easy deploying of such Forms to the web via the Forms cartridge? [Quoted] How is the performance of these forms on a winNT? [Quoted]
  2. Are these forms converted to Java before they are moved to the web?(this aspect has been a confusing one to me) Does the cartridge handle this on the fly. [Quoted]
  3. Do I need the Oracle app server 4.0 in addition to a web server(IIS).? [Quoted]
  4. We need capability to print certificates on official paper. Does developer [Quoted] 2.0 reports component provide control over printing on the internet other than just [Quoted] the print option in the browser.

[Quoted] Appreciate your time and patience.

You can also email me your replies to asrinivasan_at_mdd.com

Thanks

Ashwin Received on Fri Oct 09 1998 - 13:35:52 CEST

Original text of this message