Re: Only a senior DBA can help me

From: sidhe <sidhe_at_home.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 1998 21:32:27 GMT

Hi Rob
    I don't exactly fall into your criteria but I would be very interested in learning the results of your inquiry.  If you don't mind, please forward any responses on to me.

Thanks
Roger Westbrook

Rob wrote:

...someone who would be qualified to help me.

I need to ask some specific questions regarding Oracle Database
Administration.  Please only respond to me if you have at least 7 or 8
years of experience working within an Oracle Database.  I am interested in
finding out what the market is like for senior oracle DBA's.  What type of
dollars they can command, and what employers they would consider quality
ones.

Also I am interested in the differences between Full Time and Contract
DBA's.  Is Contract more popular than Full time these days?  Are there any
DBA's who still work Full Time?

Please email me back

Thank you

Rob