Re: Forms 5 .. returned no rows help

From: Joe Brown <joebrownNO_SPAM_me_very_MUCH_at_leading.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 1998 16:21:06 GMT

I haven't done this, but here are a couple of ideas:

1.
Execute_Query;
if Forms_Failure then
  message('no records');
end if;

2.
Execute_Query;
if Get_block_property('Block_in_Q', RECORD_STATUS) in ('NEW', 'INSERT') then
  message('no records');
end if;

3. This makes more sense to me
select count(*) into temp_var from YourTable where YourClause; if temp_var > 0 then
  Execute_Query;
  Enable Stuff...;
else
  disable stuff ...;
end if;

mdesouza_at_YAHOO.COM wrote:

> Hi all
>
> If I execute_query and my forms returns no rows . I need to do certain
> things.. like grey out buttons and inform the user that no records have been
> returned but I have not got a clue how to check when my forms has returned
> rows or not
>

> Is there a proc or in built like NO_DATA_FOUND that I can use to do this test
>
> any help would be appreciated
>

> regards
>
> michael dsouza

joebrown