Updating values from one table to another..plz help

From: MN <mirek1_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 11:28:06 -0400

Hi,

[Quoted] [Quoted] I have two tables. Table A contains four columns: firstname,lastname, pager and phone; table B contains firstname, lastname and pager. I want to transfer all pager numbers from table B to A based on the matching firstnames and lastnames. I've been working for days on this query but can't get it to work. Can someone please help me out ? How would the "update A set pager =..." look?

[Quoted] I have made both tables unique on firstname and lastname.

Thank you.

Eric Received on Wed Oct 07 1998 - 17:28:06 CEST

Original text of this message