Re: Apache and owa

From: <daniel_varela_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 1998 10:32:10 GMT

In article <36057C53.1E1C59DC_at_datafront.spamnothanks.be>,   Rudi Demeulenaere <rdm_at_datafront.spamnothanks.be> wrote:
> L.S.
>
> Does anyone have experience with running the Oracle Web Agent "owa"
> binary (version 1) with the apache Web server and if so, how did you
> manage ? I read here once it was manageable (wonder if it was v1).

 Which version are you runnning? I think that Apache is only supported as a listener by versions 4.0 and (not sure about this) 3.0.

> I only got Apache to run owa returning "Request Failed", no matter how
> hard I tried to match
> ScriptAlias /listenername/ /$ORACLE_HOME/ows/bin/
> I don't know what else should be there, obviously the Oracle Web
> Listener does pass that extra something, one way or another, to owa that
> Apache does not.

 You are trying to run the cartridge executable as a CGI, but I'm sure that's not the way. There must be a module, that, compiled with Apache, redirects TRANSPARENTLY all the URLS containing some path to another place (I suppose that the WRB).

 If you keep the original listener installed, you can use the redirect module of Apache this way:

Redirect /agentfoo/plsql http://rosalia.jarl.es:8080/agentfoo/plsql

 having Apache responding on, for example, port 8000

 The problem is that this needs the original listener to be working, and that the redirection isn't transparent for the browser. Two authentications, also :-((

 Sorry for not being a great help.

Daniel Varela