Re: HELP ! Oracle Terminal

From: Bagpuss <Young_at_Heart.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 1998 21:06:41 GMT

Hi,

Oh yes! Oracle Terminal is the tool of the devil in my book!

Your problem may be the result of an Oracle bug (no, it's not a
'feature' of the software!) which means that WHATEVER you do to the
resource file, it doesn't make a jot of difference! I had it happen in version 1.3.2 of Developer/2000. There is a Technical Bulletin on it at Oracle which I will endeavour to get for you should you not resolve this issue with Oracle tomorrow. It basically involves using
'resprint23' to create a text version of the resource file and parsing
it back using the 'resparse23' function once the incorrect code has been axed out of it. The resource file should then be available to Forms 4.5.

If this is not your problem, I take it you are editing rhe
'fmrcvt220.res' file in $ORACLE_HOME/forms45/admin/terminal/US' (don't
quote me on that pathname as it's straight from memory). Whatever your $ORACLE_TERM (presumably vt220) is set as in your .profile should dictate the resource file being used I think. Forgive me if I'm stating the obvious here...

I'll look back again tomorrow evening as I'm intrigued as to how another victim of Oracle Terminal is getting on!

Regards,

Bagpuss. Received on Tue Oct 06 1998 - 23:06:41 CEST

Original text of this message