Stored Procedure and Reports

From: glr <glr69_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 1998 12:54:43 GMT

Hello,

I am very new to PL/SQL and Oracle.

environment:

ORACLE: Oracle8 Enterprise Edition Release 8.0.4.0.0 - Production PL/SQL: PL/SQL Release 8.0.4.0.0 - Production Server platform: HP-UNIX
Client : Windows 95

I have to write a stored procedure to get a result set from database ( Not a simple select
statement). I know we can do this in Sybase and SQL Server. I coul'd find any documenation
on how do this in Oracle.

Assuming the above can be done, can we base the stored procedure ( I know we can do this in Forms)
as a datasource to oracle Reports.

Thanks,
Hunter

--
Surf Usenet at home, on the road, and by email -- always at Talkway.
http://www.talkway.com