Forms 4.5 question

From: Lisa F. Miller <luv_at_ornl.gov>
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 1998 08:48:47 -0400

[Quoted] [Quoted] I have 2 blocks, BLOCKA & BLOCKB, which have a one-to-many [Quoted] relationship. BLOCKB is a multi-record block. If the value of item BLOCKA.FIELD1 changes, I need to recalculate value BLOCKB.FIELD1 for [Quoted] every record row in that block. Does anyone know of a way to deal with each record row in a multi-record block without actually navigating to that block? If I update BLOCKB.FIELD1 when the BLOCKA.FIELD1-POST_CHANGE trigger, I can only update the first record in BLOCKB. I cannot navigate to BLOCKB to loop thru the records there because "any built-in routine that initiates navigation is restricted...and are illegal in triggers that fire in response to navigation". Is there another way to determine that BLOCKA.FIELD1 has changed so that I can navigate to BLOCKB? Is there a way to mass change records in BLOCKB without actually being in BLOCKB? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Lisa Received on Tue Oct 06 1998 - 14:48:47 CEST

Original text of this message