Re: HELP - Starting Netscape from Forms 4.5 ???

From: Richard Leigh <rleigh_at_deakin.edu.au>
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 1998 17:40:20 +1000

Odne,

I presume you are running this as a client server application. When running applications on the client you will be aware that you can execute using the file name to launch the application. This is possible with URL's this removes the need for specifying the location of Netscape executable files which maybe different on different clients machines.

You can not guarantee however that the default helper for HTML files will be set to Netscape - ie. you may get Internet Explorer opening the URL.

In the executable filename path specify the URL The registry key is HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT

Richard Leigh
Deakin University