Re: What is the best way to integrate my db with the website?

From: Richard Leigh <rleigh_at_deakin.edu.au>
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 1998 17:18:26 +1000

Adam,

If your Database is going to be there for mainly queries/searches I think the best way to provide this without stuffing around with Oracle's web servers/application servers is JAVA.

Grab a copy of Oracle's 100% JAVA Thin Oracle drivers from their website and using either servlets or a cgi wrapper over JAVA applications provide the access using JAVA on an existing web site.

Alternatively you could using an applet to do the same.

This method works pretty well and is quite easy to put together, especially if you already have JAVA skills.

Richard Leigh

--
Richard Leigh                              Ph:5227 8819
Senior Projects Leader - Special Projects  Mb:040 8463972