Re: Storing MS Word doc in database

From: Joe Brown <joe_at_hopi.dtcc.edu>
Date: 4 Oct 1998 03:25:48 GMT

Omit the requirement of writing to disk, you can directly interface with word through an OLE control.

I believe the OLE interface will create a temporary file, then invoke Word, but this file will also be deleted after exiting Word.

Another option is to create the registry key on your clients:

HKey_Local_Machine\Software\Oracle\Forms50_Editor =
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\WinWord.exe"

Also, in the form, set a text item's Editor property to SYSTEM_EDITOR. Then you can press Control-E to bring up winword and edit the contents of that text item.

Peter Staunton (pjs_at_iol.ie.spoof) wrote:
: I'm running Forms 5 with Oracle 8 and have a requirement to store a binary
: in the database and transfer it to the disk on the client. In this case,
: it's a word document that I then want to invoke using OLE.
:
: Has anyone done this? Do I need to write C code and then perform user exits
: from Forms?
:
: Your help is much appreciated. Please reply to pjs_at_iol.ie
:
: Thanks,
: Peter
:
:

--
(: Joe Brown :)				      joe_at_apache.dtcc.edu
I believe Wine is going to be great if it ever gets finished. . .