Re: COMMIT; then "no changes to save"

From: Grinberg L. <leon_at_grant.kharkov.ua>
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 1998 13:13:05 +0300

>> what is wrong with the following?
>> PROCEDURE x IS
>> INSERT INTO import_session
>> VALUES (blah blah blah);
>> COMMIT; -- notice the commit right after the INSERT
>> END;
>> When this commit is executed I get Oracle telling me that there are
>> 'no changes to save'. Huh??

Oracle*Forms interprets "commit" as Commit_Form built-in and it is not the same as COMMIT in SQL (it's very big and important for Forms understanding topic).

Forms 4.5 (not Oracle) warnings in this message that there are no changed items with properties "based_table"=TRUE for wich it must generate DML statements. Your "explicit" INSERT is committed in any case. Received on Sat Oct 03 1998 - 12:13:05 CEST

Original text of this message