Re: Storing MS Word doc in database

From: Sequel Solutions <akolkman_at_sequel.nl>
Date: Sat, 03 Oct 1998 11:04:45 +0100

Dear Peter,

We have developed a nice solution for the integration between
Oracle*Forms  and Microsoft Word. You can download our product SQLWord at www.sequel.nl

SQLWord is an advanced Reportwriter integrating Oracle and Microsoft
Word. You can create your own standardletters, contracts and any other reports
using the data of a Oracle database within a Microstoft Word document.
You can run SQLWord from Oracle*Forms using the same Oracle connection.

Sincerely,

Arthur Kolkman / Sequel Solutions

Peter Staunton wrote:

I'm running Forms 5 with Oracle 8 and have a requirement to store a binary
in the database and transfer it to the disk on the client. In this case,
it's a word document that I then want to invoke using OLE.

Has anyone done this? Do I need to write C code and then perform user exits
from Forms?

Your help is much appreciated. Please reply to pjs_at_iol.ie

Thanks,
Peter