COMMIT; then "no changes to save"

From: Jim Limberatos <jlim_at_pangea.ca>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 21:11:13 -0500

[Quoted] [Quoted] I have a procedure in Form 4.5 whose job is to create a record containing information on an import. I want to post this record regardless of whether or not the import completes successfully and I also want users to know that an import is in progress, so it is necessary that I commit it before the import starts.

If you don't understand the above then it doesn't matter -- my question is, [Quoted] what is wrong with the following?

PROCEDURE x IS

INSERT INTO import_session
VALUES (blah blah blah);

COMMIT; -- notice the commit right after the INSERT

END; When this commit is executed I get Oracle telling me that there are 'no changes to save'. Huh??

I must be missing something? Received on Sat Oct 03 1998 - 04:11:13 CEST

Original text of this message