Re: DBMS_OUTPUT in PL/SQL package . . .

From: Jim Limberatos <jlim_at_pangea.ca>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 20:28:21 -0500

I know this would be a pain, but for debugging, you can use the TEXT_IO package instead of the DBMS_OUTPUT package. The problem is that I think you will have to do your debugging and compiling on the client side, in something like procedure builder. Once you have tested it you can remove the debugging statements and compile on the server. Text_io has many of the procedures that dbms_output has such as put_line, etc.

I was hoping for some kind of flush statement for dbms_output that would do what we want but it doesn't look like there is one.