Re: Hardware recommendation???

From: Torsten Borchert <T.Borchert_at_DeutschePost.de>
Date: 1998/10/02

Hi,

[Quoted] before you think about Linux or another PC-Unix: When your application grows very often the first problem is the CPU: 100 percent busy ...(sorts in memory - order by, group by clause and so on) So you have think about a box and a operating system which will be able to handle 2 or 4 processors.
And with big tables Oracle parallel query works fine. The second problem is disk-I/O - when you have 2 or more CPU's.

Torsten