Re: Pro*C Precompiler Error ?

From: Ian Stopher <ian.stopher_at_dai.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 12:35:13 +0100

Michael Url wrote in message <3602328E.5B6C6870_at_wu-wien.ac.at>...
>I'm trying to compile a Pro*C program on an AIX-4 system and I'm getting
>the msg: "PCC-F-02104, Unable to connect to Oracle". The database is up
>and I'm invoking the makefile with the Oracle user. I RTFM, but the last
>error documented is PCC-1401.
>thx for any help in advance
>
>M.Url
>Michael.Url_at_wu-wien.ac.at
>Vienna University of Economics and Business Administration
>http://www.wu-wien.ac.at/

Probably a bit late, but from the Server messages I quote:

Cause The precompiler could not connect to Oracle with the username, password, and if applicable, database link that was supplied. Note that this is a precompiler message, not a run time message. This means that the USERID option value, either on the command line or in a configuration file, was incorrect.

Action Check that the username and password are current and correct. Run SQL *DBA or SQL *Plus and verify that connection can be made using the username and password.

ims Received on Fri Oct 02 1998 - 13:35:13 CEST

Original text of this message