Re: FORMs 5 ..returned rows

From: Geoff White <whiteg_at_ccis.adisys.com.au>
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 1998 11:40:12 +0800

The way I handle this is to put the following in the where clause:

col1, col2 in (
  select alias2.col1, alias2.col2
  from alias2)

I am assuming that alias1 is the table on which your block is based. Therefore, col1 and col2 which are outside the sub-query refer to 2 columns included in the block. If this is not the case then you would need to put the whole of your select statement into the sub-query but replace the * with column(s) which match column(s) in the block. For example:

colA in (

       select colX from table1 alias1 , table2 alias2
       where alias1.col1 = alias2.col2
       and   alias1.col2 = alias2.col2)

where colA is a column in the block.

Hope this is clear enough.