Enter ASCII Character via FORMS

From: Ed Jennings <jenningse_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 21:46:18 -0400

I know this will sound strange, but I have a database (in US-ENGLISH) that contains many names od spanish origin. The ASCII characters 164
(ñ) & 165 (Ñ) are commonly input by the users to indicate a more
gramatically correct name. When they enter these characters via FORMS, the characters appear to be successful (they generate no error), but when queried later, the characters have been replaced by a question mark
(?). I have had similiar results using SQL*PLUS. The characterset oof
the database is WE8ISO8859P1.
--
jenningse_at_mindspring.com