Re: Developer/2000 PL/SQL editor limits package size???

From: Paul G Young <pgy_at_magma.ca>
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 1998 00:50:58 GMT

I find this very interesting. You see, I've traditionally written my PL/SQL freehand in a text editor (my favourite is 'vi' :) ). There is no limit on the file size ... until I try to run it.

PL/SQL has a documented RDBMS internal limit in size - Oracle has acknowledged it and cannot fix it until (at least version 8.1). It gives a very strange error once it gets into the engine. We found the limit was about 2000 lines of PL/SQL (SQL statements don't add to the count).

The workaround we needed to use was splitting up routines across packages or use PRO*C. This was am awful error to encounter and figure out. Watch out for it.

Hope this helps.

PGY

Martin Vorbeck <vorbeck_at_val.indra.es> wrote in article <360FC12A.FC9D92CC_at_val.indra.es>...