Re: Hardware recommendation???

From: jan <jan_at_tat.dk>
Date: 1998/10/01

Jeffrey Togie wrote:

> We are just getting started in this area and I am looking for some
> advice/info, so please forgive my ignorance.
>
> I was hoping for some hardware recommendations on what would be the best
> server to get with the following requirements/restrictions:
> *Unix OS
> *Runnning Oracle Forms on Oracle Web Server
> *Tied to PC's using NT
> *Needs to be able to handle current Forms requirement and future
> expansion.
> *Under $10K
>
> Thanks,
> Jeffrey Togie

[Quoted] [Quoted] Later this year you can get Oracle 8 for Linux - this means that you can cut the OS out of your budget, as Linux is free. Linux supports the SMB protocol (which is used by NT) as well as a lot others - anyway, you'll be connecting to Oracle via TCP/IP, which is the only thing that makes sense. But if you choose, you can use Linux as file/printer server for NT and Win95 as well.

/jan Received on Thu Oct 01 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message