Access 97: GPF while connected to Oracle database.

From: Ken McClaren <kenmc_at_kayaker.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 13:31:43 -0400

This should be a common problem.
I'm using Access 97 with SR-2 installed. Using ORACLE ODBC drivers version 2.5.3.1.0B Using SQL*NET version 2.3.4.0.0 Both came on the 7.3.4.0.0 CD

I can connect and transfer data, but if I leave the application up for around an hour the next time I query the database Access GPFs. Dr Watson does his thing and I'm out of the program.

The second problem I'm having is that I cannot cache the password and login ID. I have to reconnect to the database each time this application runs.

    Please help. If you could send me an email as I do not frequent this news group.

tks

        kenmc_at_kayaker.com Received on Thu Oct 01 1998 - 19:31:43 CEST

Original text of this message