Re: Reports 2.5

From: Arjan van Bentem <avbentem_at_DONT-YOU-DAREdds.nl>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 18:57:52 +0200

Prasad Chavali wrote
>The EPS file, even though you may be able to open with Word will have
just
>printer codes in it.

[Quoted] PostScript viewers are available for many platforms. A good choice is GhostScript, available at http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost Make sure to install both Ghostscript and GSview. GSview is a graphical interface for Ghostscript. Ghostscript is an interpreter for the PostScript page description language used by laser printers.

Download the complete package at
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/aladdin/get550.html

After installation just run it once to get the default settings. After that, clicking your .eps mail attachement will fire GSview automatically. It will even allow you to print PostScript files on non-PostScript printers. And via menu Edit, Text Extract one could even extract ASCII text.

>For Question 2, you can close the Report Server by passing a varible
call
>ORACLE_SHUTDOWN with a value of YES.

[Quoted] I have been told that the YES is case sensitive, and should read Yes instead.

Arjan. Received on Thu Oct 01 1998 - 18:57:52 CEST

Original text of this message