Re: SQLPlus command history

From: James Lorenzen <lorenzen_at_yuck.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 1998 09:35:30 -0500

I don't know if there is a similar command on Solaris, but HP UNIX (POSIX shell) has a command that provides a command history. "ied" will provide the history (and editting) functions of the POSIX shell. This is an HP extension and I don't know if there is any thing like it on other venodrs UNIX shells.

The minimum syntax is "ied sqlplus".

Good luck in your search.

   James

In article <6uohra$otv$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>, dhaley_at_my-dejanews.com wrote:

>I am using Oracle7 Server Release 7.2.3.0.0 on Solaris 5.5.1.
>
>How do I set up my SQLplus environment to let me scroll through my command
>history with the arrow keys? I did this with Oracle 8.0 on NT. Currently the
>up arrow key puts ^[[A on the screen, buy my regular TCSH unix shell history
>works fine with the arrows.
>
>Is this something I can set up with login.sql or is it a Unix terminal
>problem? I am using an X-server xterm to connect to the Solaris machine.
>
>Thanks in Advance
>
>Damon

lorenzen_at_yuck.net             | Life is complex; it has