SQL*Net 2.3 on MacIntosh

From: Adrian G. Klingel <klingela_at_nt.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 1998 10:06:01 -0400

Please help me before I throw myself out this window.

I've got about 80 Macs. All have an old version of SQL*Net version on them, namely SQL*Net 1, because they access earlier versions of Oracle databases. An unnamed genius upgraded one of the databases to 7.3.4, without testing to see who would be affected. The people who install SQL*Net on these Macs just copy files to the machines, they do NOT use the Oracle installer.

Basically, when they do this without removing the old version, you can't connect to the database.

After removing everything and reinstalling with the Installer, they can connect but heavy data operations cause the connection to hang.

Has anyone run into this and does anyone know how to fix it?

Can a Mac have SQL*Net 1 and SQL*Net 2 at the same time?

Thanks in advance.

Adrian Received on Thu Oct 01 1998 - 16:06:01 CEST

Original text of this message