Re: FORMS 5 Running stored procedures help

From: Valery A. Sorokin <vsorokin_at_dd.ru>
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 1998 16:30:46 +0300

Try to split your 5 stored procedures in two parts: Client and Server. Call your Server side more frequently from Client side.

For example take LOOP from stored procedure to client and leave loop body as another stored procedure.

In Forms you can organize loop with frequently called stored procedures. Then, after each call, you can use:

   message('Working...');
   synchronize;

or even you can draw a process bar as a colored text item with dynamicaly changed width.

I hope this will helps you.

mdesouza_at_YAHOO.COM wrote:

> hi all
>
> In my form I have got a button, which executes a when button pressed trigger
> The code of the trigger runs 5 stored procedure some which take 10 mins
>
> the probs is when this procedures are running my forms appears to be not
> responding if I look at the task manager .
>
> if I bring up another application and return to my form the screen goes all
> weird I cannot view my form until the procedure have finished and I get the
> message procedure completed
>
> I cannot give this form to the users as its stands cos its not very
> professional . Is there somethin I can do about it .
>
> If I do not touch the form its fine the cursor shows as busy and when the
> procedure have finished executing I get control back to my form
>
> Any help would be appreciated
>
> regards
>
> michael Dsouza

Valery A. Sorokin
ProSoft, Russia, Moscow, Information Systems Division
Phone: +7 (095) 234 0636 (6 lines) FAX: +7 (095) 234 0640
E-mail: vsorokin_at_dd.ru OR vsorokin_at_prosoftmpc.msk.su
http://www.dd.ru