Re: Forms 5 ..timers ..

From: John Strange <jstrange_at_imtn.dsccc.com>
Date: 1 Oct 1998 11:56:34 GMT

You could create a message block with a msg char (40) with a seperate messge canvas. You could then

	msg := 'Working';
	go_block ('msg_blk') ;
	synchronize ;

	call the procedure ;

	set msg := 'Done' ;
	synchronize ;

mdesouza_at_YAHOO.COM wrote:
: Hi all

: I am running a few stored procedure using my form. What I need to do is to
: inform the user that the procedure is running and then again when the
: procedure is completed. the reason being that these procedures take some time
: to complete

: I tried doing this with the following in the when button pressed trigger

: message('procedure xxx running , NO_ACKNOWLEDGE)
: call the procedure
: message ('Procedure completed , NO_ACKNOWLEDGE)

: CRAPPY CODING HUH...

: But the above does not work.. if I do not include the NO_ACKNOWLEDGE the
: message box appears wuth a OK button which is not what I want

: Then I though about timers .. I know you can use timers to poll the database
: to check is a certain events has occured . BUT i have not got a clue on how
: to do it

: IF any one can got any code or can think of another way to tackle this problem
: any help would be greatly appreciated

: thks
: regards
: michael Dsouza

: http://www.dejanews.com/rg_mkgrp.xp Create Your Own Free Member Forum

--
While Alcatel USA may claim ownership of all my ideas (on or off the job),
Alcatel USA does not claim any responsibility for them. Warranty expired when you