Re: Creating Help Functionality

From: Joe Brown <joebrownNO_SPAM_me_very_MUCH_at_leading.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 20:48:49 GMT

Forms 5.0 comes with a help subsystem, tables for storing help data and forms for displaying.

You have to build the help tables, and populate them with data, then setup your forms to call help accordingly.

On second thought, if this help system is only available in Forms 5, you'll have to backport it to Forms 4.5.???. Forms 5 does NOT exist on any Unix including the AIX platform.

The forms do look very similar to MS Windows Help... if that's any consolation... :-|

Pepito.Galicinao_at_lmco.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I need to implement a Help functionality for my application...What is the
> best way to implement this? I have an application that run in two
> environment (NT PC and AIX). I want to use the same Help functionality for
> both places. Any suggestion is highly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Pepito
> Pepito.Galicinao_at_lmco.com

joebrown