Performance of calling a report from Forms 5.0 problem

From: Raymond Siao <raymond.siao_at_tmsw.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 17:08:42 +0800

I used Forms 4.5 in the past and now I am trying to update them into Forms 5.0. However, When I tried to call out a report in a form using "RUN_PRODUCT", it takes much longer time, approx 2min, to show up the parameter form.

The called report has some PLSQL in its triggers. When I removed all the triggers as well as the formula columns, the performance resume as fast as before.

But the question is, why the report can be loaded so quickly in Forms 4.5 but now it takes 7-8 times longer in Forms 5.0 to load it? After loading the report, the performance is OK when running the report.

Any help would be much appreciate.

Thank in advance. Received on Tue Sep 29 1998 - 11:08:42 CEST

Original text of this message