Where do I put the business logic ??

From: (wrong string) ørgen Haukland <jorgen.hauikland_at_fou.telenor.no>
Date: 1998/09/28

Hello !

[Quoted]  We are developing a web application (MSIE with VisualInterdev97) against an Oracle8 databaseserver. We want to put as much validating, user control etc. as possible in the database, to make the web-client as thin as possible. This is our first project of this kind for us, and we wondered how easy it would be to handle the various messages Oracle8 produces under variyng circumstances. Will it be possible for us to catch lets say Oracle error messages and translate them into something useful ? I'm very afraid of exposing a web-user to typical Oracle error messages. We could handle this in the client(web)-code but we don't want to do that. We would like to use Oracle to what its been made for and keep the client as thin as possible.

There is also a solution to use a 3-tier model where we create "business objects" as ActiveX dll's and let the run on the web-server (the middle tier in this case)

Any suggestions ??

-jh
NORWAY Received on Mon Sep 28 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message