Re: How to change column names?

From: nobody <ac1_at_fspc.netsys.itg.telecom.com.au>
Date: 1998/09/27

Make sure that you change all xternal code (PL/SQL,SQLPlus and ProC) to use the new column name.

AC.

Murali Krishna (krishnam_at_batelco.com.bh) wrote:
: I feel that this logic should work:

: First insert a column with the same attributes but with the changed column
: name.

: Update this new column with the data from the old column.

: Then after the update remove this old column.

: This column which is going to be renamed should'nt have any constraints and
: it should not be the primary key.

: If any body feels that this is not the best pls. let me know.
: badstreetboy_at_my-dejanews.com wrote in message
: <6u6t6v$a2b$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>...
: >I know 'alter table' can add column or change datatype of a column. But
 can
: >it change column name?
: >
: >Thanks..