Oracle 8i

From: Yan Ge <yage_at_waksman.rutgers.edu>
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 1998 03:31:11 -0400

[Quoted] Hi! There. I am planning to take some ORACLE training courses to become an ORACLE
developer. But due to the recent release of ORACLE 8i Beta version, I am some confused. I would appreciate it very much if anyone who has experience with O-8i and knows the answers to my following questions can

drop me a line or two.

  1. Is ORACLE 8i =ORACEL8 + enhanced web-related features? Or in other words, can O-8i do whatever O-8 can do? If so, Should I wait to learn O-8i instead of learning O-8 now since it seems that at least they differ at the level of file system --will the knowledge of O-8 still useful for O-8i, if not 100%, approximately how much? [Quoted]
  2. Since Desinger 2000 is for Client/server systems, will it be useless for O-8i which is designed for internet computing? [Quoted]
  3. How much or in what kind of aspect will O-8i change the roles of tools, eg. Developer 2000, JDeveloper and AppBuilder for Java, in web applications development?

[Quoted] [Quoted] Thanks in advance for your response to these maybe stupid questions.

Sincerely,

Yan Ge Received on Sat Sep 26 1998 - 09:31:11 CEST

Original text of this message