Re: Using ROWTYPE with Forms 4.5

From: Arnold Schommer <aschommer_at_fs-edv.de>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 10:31:09 +0200

Andrew KEATING wrote:

> Is it normal that I cannot call a stored procedure from Forms 4.5 that has a
> parameter defined as "table%ROWTYPE" ??

As far as i know: That's true. (Of course not right). I have als experienced strange problems with table.column%TYPE. And (maybe you don't want to know, but it is related to the topic): In Forms you can use VARCHAR2(32000) with few problems. In server-side packages, too. But don't think about exchanging parameters of more than 2000 chars.

> I seem to remember hearing something about different levels of PL/SQL
> between Forms 4.5 and Oracle 7.3, but can find no documentation on it.

Yes: Forms 4.5 has PL/SQL 1.1, the server 7.3 has PL/SQL 2.3 Maybe that's the point. Received on Fri Sep 25 1998 - 10:31:09 CEST

Original text of this message